Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chickens

Jake and I have decided to get chickens. The other day we were buying eggs again and jokingly i said "We need to just get chickens so we dont have to keep buying so many eggs." Jake laughed and a few days later said "So what kind of chickens should we get?" I said "Babe I was totally joking" Jake-"I know but i am serious." :) So we are getting chickens. Im not sure how I really feel yet because I think it would be cool to have them and to have fresh eggs but at the same time birds are just kind of sick. So we will see how it goes the deal is we can have them as long as I dont have to touch them or anything. Who knows maybe they will grow on me. It should be fun!!! :) I will keep you updated on what kind we choose and how I end up liking them. I will also have to put some pictures of them up when we get them because they will be cute little babies when we first get them.

4 comments:

  1. Hailey you crack me up! My niece has chickens and they love them (and their fresh eggs) but I am with you - I wouldn't want to touch them! I want to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! But such a good idea! We wouldn't have any place to put our chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karri and her husband bought a lot of chickens awhile back. You should ask her questions if you have any about raising them. I think if you name them it'll be hard to kill them if you ever do for dinner or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn do you really think she would be able to kill a chicken and get it ready to eat if she is already worried about touching them... GROSS!! There is a reason I wasn't raised on a farm!

    ReplyDelete